Case Study: Simpler and more reliable reporting systems at Macmillan Publishers
Sales performance metrics are required at the start of each day and the end of each month. Over time, the data warehouse had become difficult to support due to increased complexity and data volumes, causing the daily processing to regularly fail.
- Initially, key problem areas were addressed and reporting brought back online to support immediate needs.
- More extensive analysis was conducted and a simpler, more robust and extensible warehouse design was proposed and implemented.
- Sales reports are more accurate and reliable.
- Data warehouse model was simplified, resulting in lower support requirements.
- Improved user experience and confidence in the reporting system.
To read more, please download the full case study here.