Cognos Express 10.2.2 – Major Update
Major Update: Cognos Express 10.2.2
The latest version of IBM Cognos Express is now available and includes major changes. Cognos Express will no longer be a single product install from this release onwards and is essentially enterprise versions of Cognos TM1 and Cognos Business Intelligence products. This means all the previous simplified Cognos Express preset configurations such as user groups and namespaces etc. has now been removed.
If your company wants to update and optimise the latest Cognos Express 10.2.2 talk with us at QMetrix to find the right solution.
The key enhancements and features include:
- Immediate access to the latest fix packs and product updates that are available to the enterprise versions of Cognos TM1 and Cognos Business Intelligence.
Removed the restriction of having only a single ‘CXMD’ named database. More than one TM1 server can now be added with any names, however they must be contained within the same physical server.
Support for 64-bit versions of the Microsoft Excel Client up to 2013.
- Ability to use IBM Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel (CAFE).
- Ability to connect to Cognos BI Framework Models within TM1 using the TM1 Package Connector.
- Ability to setup encrypted connectivity between the client and server via SSL.
- Cognos Express Manager replaced by the enterprise administration functionality of Cognos TM1 and Cognos Business Intelligence.
- Cognos TM1 and Cognos BI can now be split up and installed on separate servers.
- Ability to host the Cognos Content Store database on different platforms such as MS SQL Server.
Differences between Cognos Express and Enterprise
In terms of features and functionality, the differences between Cognos Express and its big brothers – enterprise Cognos BI and TM1 are much smaller. Core functionality within Cognos Express still exists, but there are some exclusions:
- Dynamic Cubes
- IBM Cognos Analysis Studio
- IBM Cognos Query Studio
- IBM Cognos Real-time Monitoring
- SAP BW connectivity via the package connector
IBM Cognos Express is now more powerful than ever for small or medium organisations that require less than 100 users. To find out more about this particular release or Cognos Express in general, please contact us today.